Sunday, October 2, 2011

Update on other things

As for the rest of my life, everything is pretty much sorted out. My grandma is working diligently to try and keep my house, but it's pretty likely it's going to get foreclosed on at this point. I feel horrible, but I knew it was coming so it's not really that big of a deal. I know when I go back to the states I have so many friends and family members I would have a place to stay no matter what.

My Grandma was an emotional wreck after the death of my father, but she seems to be alright now. I really feel horrible for her as she was the one working with him on his health constantly. She would literally be over my house 5 days a week 12 hours a day just sitting by his bed, talking to him, cheering him up, and making sure he felt comfortable and wasn't drinking or in pain.

As for my future? I'm not really sure. It's hard to look years in advance and I've learned that very quickly. I'm just trusting my instincts and doing whatever I feel is best for my life. I make sure to talk to a lot of people I trust and soak in their opinions, but overall it's about what I want to do with my life. I strongly believe I will still go to college, but now is not the time for me. I just went through an absolutely devastating period of time and I'm simply not prepared for it.

Moving to Cabo was a great idea and has been a lot of fun. I've already met a ton of cool people here, and our realtor (Greg) has been the most helpful person in the world. His assistant Vianey has been very helpful as well. They've shown us around town, driven us wherever, and have done us countless favors. If anyone reads this and wants the best realtor in Mexico you can send me an IM, facebook message, email, whatever and I'll give you his info. He really is not only our realtor but a friend as well.

I still have a very strong passion for poker and it's never died out. I can truly see myself playing poker professionally for the next 5-10 years and still loving the game. The moment it's 100% about the money is the day I quit playing for a living. It's not only a job, but a hobby as well and it's the most mind engaging thing I've ever done. It's provided me opportunities that I certainly would not have had without it, and has gotten me through some rough times in my head. Just being able to load up some tables online, or go to a live poker game to get my mind off things just makes me feel great. It really is one of the best games ever and I'm blessed to be able to make a good living doing what I love.

I've gotten a lot of pressure from a few family members to go to college right away, but I'm just going to listen to my heart and do what makes me the happiest.

Sorry for the long winded posts as usual. Thanks for reading everybody...

-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment