Friday, March 20, 2009

Random Thoughts

I’ve been thinking a lot lately, and not really about one particular thing. I’m just thinking. When I lay down to go to sleep, I often am up for at least an hour with thoughts racing through my head. I think about a lot of things. I’m not sure why. It may come with starting to get older and realize some of what’s going on in the world. I obviously am not even close to obtaining all of the knowledge I’d like to, and may never be. That’s not what I’m trying to say. I feel like people don’t think about the little things enough. I also believe that the small things add up and play a huge role in the big picture that is life. I’m probably just rambling, but that’s what’s going on in my life right now. Just thinking.

One particular thing I’ve been thinking about is becoming more active. I used to play pretty much every sport; basketball, golf, football, baseball, you name it I played it. I loved playing sports and I’m an extremely competitive person at heart. I guess that’s why I love poker so much, because it’s a very competitive game and I strive to become the best that I possibly can be. Anyway, I think I’m going to try and start getting in better physical shape. I believe it will help me deal with a lot of the stress in my life and help get my thoughts straight. It will also help me become more healthy and live a better life which would be great. I’ve just been sitting down pretty much for the last year or so of my life. 

My plan is to start to run a lot this summer, maybe average a mile a day to start and work my way up. I’d like to also improve at some sports and possibly take up golf again. I’ve probably played about 10 rounds of golf in my life and I enjoy it a lot, but I suck. I hate not being good at things, so hopefully I can quickly improve in that game. Another goal of mine is to possibly play basketball again for school, which is tons of fun, great exercise etc. There’s nothing really more physically taxing and rewarding than basketball in my opinion. The practices/conditioning are really intense, more so than any other sport I’ve been a part of that I actually enjoy. Football may be harder, but it’s not really my cup of tea. There’s really more thinking involved in basketball than in football from a player point of view. Many may argue with that but that’s how I feel. I’m also probably a bit too small for football, and am not very good at anything but Wide Receiver which I’d need to be taller to play.

Overall I guess I have a ton of goals I’d like to eventually meet. I’m a pretty big procrastinator about most things but I believe I can push myself to at least get in better shape.  I also need to do things outside of poker. I’m putting too much time in front of the computer as of late and I really think it’s bad for both my physical and mental health. I just need to be a kid for a little bit, even though I have a ton of responsibilities, I can find time to do so. I’ll close this entry on that note of optimism. Wish me luck on improving my life!

-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment