Monday, March 23, 2009

Finally A Decent Day

Today was a pretty good day. It started off pretty standard, I woke up on barely any sleep for school after staying up to beat Resident Evil 5 until about 2AM with my brother. That was cool and definently helped me get my mind off of poker. I needed to have one of those nights again where I just stay up all night messing around and playing video games, stuff I used to do before poker. 

When I got home, I had a conversation with Doug "WCGRider
" which really was frustrating. He basically came off to me like he didn't think I was good at MTTs. He told me I should look in to coaching, which is really frustrating espescially after how much shit I've gotten from him and Ryan in the past couple weeks. I basically just blew it off after he listed off a couple names for coaching recommendations that I thought were pretty funny knowing they weren't great players.

That really got to me, and I was closer to quitting in make-up than ever before. Whether or not I did all depended on my conversation with Ryan. I got straight to the point and told him how I felt about everything, and what was going through my mind. He dealt with it awesome and I feel really great. We had a good 20 minute conversation about everything, and he managed to put me in a spot where I wasn't sure if I was going to stick around for them, to a point now where I feel like I'm just going to play on and see what happens. Definitely a huge weight lifted off my shoulders and I feel pretty good.

On a different note, I'm officially 16 years old! Yay
! I'll be getting my license by the summer which will be pretty cool. Definitely a lot more freedom, and I'll be able to go up and hang out with Wes (w33ktight) and Craig (HU4ROLLZ) more often. I always have a fun time up there so that should be pretty cool. I have a lot of respect for both of their games and they play a lot different, so it's cool to learn from them as well. Craig's on a pretty big heater lately too so that's always fun. 

I'm also looking forward to SCOOP which is coming up in a couple weeks. Spring Break is soon as well which will be a huge relief. I can't wait to get some real sleep!

Here's to having an awesome year as a 16 year old.


-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment