Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life Swongs

I've been pretty sick lately. I've had a fever on and off as well as a soar throat/stuffed up nose for a few weeks. I again got really sick Sunday night with a fever etc. I went in to the doctor's on Monday. I was told that I most likely have Mono. I'll know for sure tomorrow after the blood work gets back. I really hope I don't have Mono. It's really bad. Basically you're tired constantly and never get good sleep. You're also really sick on and off, and it doesn't go away for up to a couple months. Really a terrible thing to have, and there's no treatment for it but getting a lot of rest and drinking a ton of fluids. 

Poker has been kind of bad still, had a terrible sunday with no cashes. I did resolve the backer situation though. I talked to Fees and basically told'm I didn't like what was going on at all. We decided that he'd be no longer backing me for MTTs, and that I'd be clearing the ~50K make-up I owe him in cash. Obviously it's going to take me a very long time to clear that, but I'm just happy to no longer have to deal with the MTT thing with him and Doug. 

So, I needed a backer, and fast. SCOOP is in a couple days and I certainly don't want to miss it. I talked to a bunch of people, and Gobbo said he'd ask around and try to help out. Luckily he's awesome and got me in contact with Carter "cking" King who just won the Million after winning the WCOOP Main Event not long ago. He has a backing team for High Stakes MTTs with mattg. I worked out a deal with cking which is pretty cool. I'm going to start off playing pretty much everything I want to. The only thing I cannot play is weekday 100R's, and the Friday $500 6-Max. No worries though, mattg said it's just a sort of a trial. When I start putting in volume for them and am up ~$5K, I can play those tournaments. Pretty much their whole stable plays them now, and all of them started off the same as I did.

Overall I'm really happy and optimistic about the new deal with Carter. It seems they run a really awesome operation. Carter and Matt seem like cool people as well, and hopefully I can learn some stuff about MTTs from them as I respect both of their games. Maybe Carter's money will run good as well and I can ship a couple of SCOOPs. 

Before I end the blog I definitely have to thank Gobbo for setting up this deal. Thanks Jimmy!

-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment