Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Procrastination

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task."

This is one of the most appropriate quotes for my life right now. I feel as though I have so much to accomplish that I haven't even started on yet. As a lot of you may know, I had the biggest score of my life netting me around $60,000 in profit a few weeks ago. This has given me the financial freedom (coupled with my previous meager networth) to do pretty much whatever I'd like to do within reason. This means travel the world, pursue any interests I'd like, and just feel financially stable. I'd also like to add that two friends and I have created a poker training site that I own a pretty large % of. I will also be the lead instructor there and produce videos, be in charge of advertising etc. I'll release the name of the site once everything is on paper. This will be great for a side project, and to add some passive income.

One of the big things I've been putting off in life is higher education My problem is motivating myself to pursue college and figure out what I really want to do with my life. Poker to me is fairly fulfilling, even though in general it is a pretty shallow game, It allows me to use all of my brain power to compete in a so ever changing environment. I've also proven I can indeed play this game for a living for a very long time. Poker is at its absolute lowest point right now and I'm still doing very well for myself. When poker gets regulated in the United States I am very confident in the fact I can beat the games for an extremely comfortable living, doing something I enjoy doing.

I still would like to achieve goals beyond that though, but I have such conflicting interests and keep "putting off" school to do things like travel. I absolutely love traveling and it's one of my passions in life. I've always dreamed of traveling to Europe, Australia, Asia, etc. I now have the ability to do these things, while still making money doing so. Some of the most beautiful cities in the world have amazing tournament stops so I can kill two birds with one stone.

With all of that being said, I really have a lot of things to figure out in my life the next few months. I need to figure out if I'm going to move to Vancouver or Europe to continue playing poker, go to college, or do both. I'd also like to become more healthy which I'm definitely on track to doing.


In my next blog I'll post about how my Prague trip went, living in California, and some other fun things I've done in the last month or so.

-Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment