Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Prague, California, and Michigan

I chose Prague as my first ever trip to Europe. I've heard nothing but amazing things about this tourist city located in the Czech Republic. Most people speak some English here, everyone is very friendly, and the culture and history are absolutely remarkable. There's also one of the biggest tournament series of the year here, so that definitely helped my decision!

So far it's been a fairly uneventful trip poker wise. I've won some money in cash games, but have done very poorly in all of the tournaments I've played. This really doesn't upset me though, as I've still gotten to see quite a bit of Prague both during the day and at night. It truly is a gorgeous city and has some of the most amazing architecture I've seen in my entire life. I got to see the Prague Castle, which is the biggest castle in the entire world. Quite the monument to say the least.

My friend and I got dropped off at the castle and decided to basically wing it and figure out where to go from there. This turned out pretty well as we got to see some of the most breathtaking things I've ever seen. I have an entire album on Facebook with all of the photos from the trip. I hope to add more as I still have a day or two in Prague.

One day I wouldn't mind living somewhere in Europe. Everything just seems to make more sense here. I'd have to get over the cold environment, but lately the United States doesn't seem like the absolute greatest country to live in. Regardless of my living situation I will certainly be traveling to Europe again in the near future. Australia in January is a strong possibility as well.

I've been officially living in California for about two months now and I like it a lot. I feel like I really have a family there and I'm definitely happier than I've ever been. The only thing I really miss about Michigan are my friends and family. It's also very hard to meet girls in a place where you know nobody, but I guess everything takes time. I cannot imagine really moving back to MI for a long period of time. It's just a miserable state with a horrible economy. The weather isn't so great either.

No comments:

Post a Comment